College of Dental Medicine
173 Ashley Avenue, BSB 447 | PO Box 250507 | Charleston, SC 29425
Office: 843-792-3811 | Fax: 843-792-1376
In 1952, the South Carolina Dental Association recommended that a school of dentistry be established as a unit of the Medical College of South Carolina. The state legislature authorized the development of the School of Dental Medicine the following year, but it was not until 1964 that the legislature provided the funds to implement the 1953 authorization. The first dental medicine student was admitted in 1967 and the first class of twenty-one students received DMD degrees in June 1971.
Board of Directors
Membership & Dues
News & Upcoming Events
Awards & Recognitions